Sun Summit Minerals Corp. (TSX-V: SMN; OTCQB: SMREF) is pleased to report initial drill results from its winter 2022 exploration drill program and the discovery of new zones of bulk-tonnage style gold-silver-zinc mineralization on its Buck Property, central B.C.
- Discovered new zone of strong gold-silver-zinc mineralization: Westernmost step-out holes intersected numerous zones of strong mineralization in a previously untested area.
- 1.09 g/t gold equivalent (AuEq) over 73.5 metres including 2.20 g/t AuEq over 10.3 metres and 1.50 g/t AuEq over 17.0 metres within 0.84 g/t AuEq over 117.7 metres.
- 1.31 g/t AuEq over 18.0 metres within 0.75 g/t AuEq over 47.7 metres.
- 1.40 g/t AuEq over 12.0 metres including 2.63 g/t AuEq over 6.0 metres.
- 1.44 g/t AuEq over 13.0 metres including 11.37 g/t AuEq 0.8 metres.
- 1.65 g/t AuEq over 7.6 metres including 9.57 g/t AuEq over 1.1 metres.
- 1.12 g/t AuEq over 23.0 metres including 12.03 g/t AuEq over 1.5 metres.
- 6.53 g/t AuEq over 1.5 metres.
- 1.36 g/t AuEq over 12.8 metres and 0.97 g/t AuEq 51.4 metres within 0.68 g/t AuEq over 145.0 metres.
- 1.66 g/t AuEq over 10.9 metres within 0.81 g/t over 36.8 metres.
- Opens exploration potential significantly to the west, south and at depth of Buck Main:
- Cumulative grade thickness through all zones of mineralization in new holes compares favourably with other holes drilled some 500 metres to the east.
- A systematic follow-up drill program is currently being planned to fully evaluate the scale and potential of this new discovery.
- The results of the remaining six holes are pending.
- Intervals are downhole core lengths. True widths are unknown.
- Calculations are uncut and length-weighted using a 0.10 g/t gold cut-off.
- AuEq assumes metal prices of $1700/oz Au, $22/oz Ag and $1.60/lbs Zn using the equation: AuEq(g/t) = ((Au(g/t)*$Au/oz*0.032151)+(Ag(g/t)*$Ag/oz*0.032151)+(Zn%*$Zn/lbs*22.0462))/($Au/oz*0.032151).
- Assay results for individual metals for each AuEq calculation are reported in Table 1.
Sharyn Alexander, Sun Summit’s President, stated: “These western step-out holes at Buck have significantly expanded our exploration footprint and provided us with a compelling priority target for systematic follow-up drilling. The style, polymetallic nature and grade of the new discovery zone are very similar to what is found in the Horseshoe zone 500 metres to the east. These holes strongly confirm our belief that we are just beginning to scratch the surface of the Buck Main system, where the limits of mineralization are still unconstrained.”
“We await the results from six more holes currently in the lab. Once all results have been reported, we will compile the data, generate an updated geological model and design a systematic follow-up drill program testing these new zones of mineralization as well as previously discovered targets.”
Figure 1. Map showing drill collar locations with selected highlights
Holes BK22-070, -071 and -072 were designed to investigate the extent and continuity of bulk-tonnage style gold-silver-zinc mineralization previously intersected in holes BK21-059 and -065 (Figure 1; see news release February 22, 2022). The new holes confirm strong grade-continuity of near-surface bulk-tonnage style mineralization hosted in dacitic volcaniclastic rocks and quartz-feldspar-porphyry dykes and demonstrate the significant depth potential of the system to the south and west.
Figure 2. Cross section 4350 showing selected highlights
BK22-070, drilled towards the southwest (Figure 2), intersected strongly altered and mineralized andesite below the mineralized dacitic volcaniclastic package highlighted by a composite interval of 0.84 g/t AuEq over 117.7 metres including 1.09 g/t AuEq over 73.5 metres and 2.20 g/t AuEq over 10.3 metres (Table 1). Hole BK22-071, collared from the same pad but drilled with a steeper dip, intersected numerous zones of strong gold-silver-zinc mineralization (e.g., 1.31 g/t AuEq over 18.0 metres within 0.75 g/t AuEq over 47.7 metres, and 1.40 g/t AuEq over 12.0 metres including 2.63 g/t AuEq over 6.0 metres – intervals are downhole core lengths, true widths are unknown). Similar to hole BK22-070, mineralization here continued below the dacites. BK22-072 was collared 60 metres to the west of BK22-070 and -71 and was drilled to the southwest. The hole intersected numerous zones of >1.0 g/t AuEq mineralization down to 500 metres (Table 1) followed by strong sulfide-rich mineralization to the bottom of the hole. This lower zone of mineralization is hosted in dacitic volcaniclastic rocks with strong zinc anomalism (e.g., 187 metres of 0.53% Zn).
The tenure of mineralization intersected in holes BK22-070, -071 and -072 compares favourably to other holes on the property collared 500 metres to the east (see news release July 6, 2021). The cumulative grade thickness through all zones of mineralization in BK22-070 was 202 g/t AuEq*m, BK22-071 was 166 g/t AuEq*m, and BK22-072 was 230 g/t AuEq*m. These results support the considerable potential of the western side of Buck for the development of bulk-tonnage targets. Furthermore, local zones of high-grade gold-silver-zinc mineralization (e.g., 11.37 g/t AuEq over 0.8 metres in BK22-071, and 12.03 g/t AuEq over 1.5 metres in BK22-072 – intervals are downhole core lengths, true widths are unknown) are similar to high-grade vein-hosted mineralization previously intersected near the centre of Buck Main and suggest strong high-grade potential to the west.
For further information, contact:
Disclaimer: Sun Summit is a paid marketing client*