NevGold Corp. (TSXV:NAU) (OTCQB:NAUFF) (Frankfurt:5E50) is pleased to announce that it has received assays from the first four holes of the drilling program at its Limousine Butte Project, Nevada located on the southern part of the Carlin Trend. The initial holes are part of the Company’s inaugural 10,000 meter drill program at the Project and further assays from the program are expected shortly. Drill results will continue to be released for the remainder of the first half of 2022.
- Defining a Near-Surface, High-Grade, Oxide Gold Resource: the drill program is focused on building a near-surface oxide gold resource while expanding the mineralization laterally along strike and at depth. The results received to date, including 2.19 g/t oxide Au over 61.6 meters including 8.51 g/t oxide Au over 11.6 meters, and 1.30 g/t oxide Au over 44.4 meters including 3.11 g/t oxide Au over 11.1 meters, have confirmed the near-surface, high-grade oxide gold mineralization at Limousine Butte.
- Highly Oxidized Mineralization: assay results from Holes 1-4 report near-surface oxidized mineralization throughout all of the drill holes completed.
- Open Mineralization: mineralization is open along strike and at depth with numerous untested targets that will be drilled in current and future drill programs.
- Improved Geological Model: utilizing a core rig has improved confidence in the geological model as the Company advances towards an updated mineral resource estimate for the Project.
- Second Drill Rig Added: as per the News Release on January 19, 2022, the Company currently has two drill rigs on site, one core rig and one Reverse Circulation rig (“RC”). The RC rig was recently added to expedite the drill program and drill both the Resurrection Ridge and Cadillac Valley targets simultaneously.
NevGold CEO, Brandon Bonifacio, comments: “The initial assays from our inaugural drill program at Limousine Butte highlight the near-surface oxide gold nature of mineralization at the project. It is very exciting to see thick intercepts of multi-gram oxide gold material, which is a key indicator of a strongly mineralized system. We are advancing to a near-surface oxide gold resource, which remains open in all directions. The remaining drilling will continue to test the various deposits within our large, 66.5 square kilometer land package with the goal of driving towards a multi-million ounce oxide gold resource base. We eagerly await results from further drilling and thank our Nevada Team for their hard work delivering on the drill program in a safe, expedited fashion.”
NevGold Chief Geologist, Derick Unger, comments: “We are very encouraged by this initial data from our drill program at Limousine Butte and expect similar results from the remaining holes over the coming months. Exploration is very active in Nevada, and we are fortunate to have received these results in such a timely manner. The information provided by these core holes has greatly improved the geological model at Limousine Butte. We see many areas with strong mineralization potential that have not been given a proper look using modern exploration methods and applying the latest geologic knowledge. The current program will test the boundaries of mineralization, initially focusing on the Resurrection Ridge and Cadillac Valley targets, which will drive advancement towards a near-surface oxide gold mineral resource estimate.”
Disclaimer: NevGold is a paid marketing client and we own shares*