Hawkmoon Resources (CSE: HM) has submitted an application for a diamond drilling permit for its Wilson property, located in the Verneuil Township, 15 kilometres east of the town of Lebel-sur-Quevillon and 150 km northeast of the mining city of Val d'Or. Hawkmoon submitted the application through an experienced intermediary, GFE Exploration and Forestry Services, of Val-d'Or Quebec. When granted, the Permit will allow Hawkmoon to drill up to 5,000 metres in twenty-nine (29) diamond drill holes (the "Drill Program").
Goals of the Drill Program
The Company has five key goals for the Drill Program which are outlined below. Refer to figure 1 which shows the location of the various gold showings on the Wilson Property.
- Test several historical drill intercepts from both the Toussaint and Midrim Showings
- Examine the potential to connect the Toussaint and Midrim Showings
- Drill under the historical trenches for the Toussaint Showing
- Examining the possibility to extend the Toussaint Showing to the west and the Midrim Showing to the east
- Verifying and looking to expand the Moneta-Porcupine South Showing
Hawkmoon intends to focus on three areas at the Wilson Property. The first is situated between the Toussaint and Midrim gold showings. The second is the bedrock geology in the nose of the large fold, which separates the Toussaint and Moneta-Porcupine South showings. The third is the old trenches at the Toussaint Showing.
Mr. Branden Haynes, President of Hawkmoon, states "We anticipate starting work on our recently acquired Wilson Property this summer. One of the many reasons we chose to explore in Quebec is the Province's efficient permit application process. The Company is currently evaluating the available data to plan a comprehensive work program."