Troilus Gold Corp. (TSX: TLG; OTCQX: CHXMF) reports additional results from its ongoing exploration and infill drill program on its 100%-owned Troilus Gold Project, which hosts one of the largest undeveloped gold and copper deposits in Quebec, Canada. New results from the J Zone have further confirmed and expanded a parallel zone of mineralization on the western side of the main ore body by up to 50 metres down dip. This new parallel zone of mineralization can be traced over an 850-metre strike length, and is located primarily within the Preliminary Economic Assessment (“PEA”) pit shell. The J Zone continued to be a priority exploration target in 2021 as the Company prepares for the upcoming release of an updated mineral resource estimate and inaugural reserve.
Highlights from the new J Zone drill results include:
- ZJ21-244 and ZJ21-245 confirms west trend and main zone at depth, and increases drill density within the PEA pit shell which is expected to help upgrade Inferred to Indicated mineral resources in upcoming new estimate (see Figure 2 cross section).
- 2.10 g/t AuEq over 31 metres, incl. 4.40 g/t AuEq over 12 metres and 27.05 g/t AuEq over 1 metre
- ZJ21-247, ZJ21-250, ZJ21-251 and ZJ21-252 extend mineralization down dip up to 50 metres, primarily within the PEA pit shell. Highlights include:
- 1.70 g/t AuEq over 16 metres, incl. 4.16 g/t AuEq over 5 metres and 14.73 g/t AuEq over 1 metre
- 1.10 g/t AuEq over 18 metres, incl. 1.60 g/t AuEq over 9 metres
- 2.29 g/t AuEq over 4 metres
“We’re pleased with the continued excellent results from the western extension of the J Zone, which further confirm and expand the new parallel zone of mineralization we’ve delineated over the last 12 months. This growing parallel zone is expected to positively impact the strip ratio and overall economics of the project in the upcoming Pre-Feasibility Study, as the majority of the 850-metre zone defined so far is located in areas of the PEA pit shell that were previously considered waste,” commented Justin Reid, President and CEO of Troilus Gold.”
The J Zone exploration target includes the smaller of the two formerly mined open pits at Troilus. In 2019, the Company had tremendous drilling success in this zone by applying a new geological model derived from two years of drill analysis, which highlighted the importance of structural controls on gold and copper. This exploration program contributed a significant open-pit resource to the Preliminary Economic Assessment completed in August 2020. Over 81,450 metres have been drilled since the 2020 mineral resource estimate cut off, and the Company intends to continue drilling at a rate of approximately 10,000 metres per month until the end of the year with the intention to include as much of this new data into the upcoming mineral resource estimate and pre-feasibility study as possible.