SUN SUMMIT CONTINUES TO INTERSECT MULTIPLE ZONES OF HIGH-GRADE AND BULK TONNAGE-STYLE GOLD MINERALIZATION AT BUCK PROPERTY, CENTRAL BC
Sun Summit Minerals (TSX.V: SMN) has provided additional results from its fully financed 2021 exploration program on its Buck property, central British Columbia.
- BK21-024: Numerous high-grade intervals cut throughout the entire hole:
- 19.71 grams per tonne (g/t) gold equivalent (AuEQ) over 1.4 metres and 14.01 g/t AuEQ over 1.4 metres within 6.35 g/t AuEQ over 7.6 metres, and within a broader interval of 2.97 g/t AuEQ over 17.0 metres near the top of the hole.
- 42.05 g/t AuEQ over 1.0 metre within a broader interval of 5.84 g/t AuEQ over 7.4 metres from 252.6 metres down hole.
- 16.87 g/t AuEQ over 1.0 metre within a broader interval of 2.01 g/t AuEQ over 9.0 metres near the bottom of the hole.
- BK21-026: Broad zones of bulk tonnage-style gold mineralization with local high-grade gold intercepts:
- 33.67 g/t AuEQ over 1.0 metres within a broader interval of 1.18 g/t AuEQ over 44.1 metres.
- BK21-025: Numerous broad zones of bulk tonnage-style gold mineralization:
- 9.28 g/t AuEQ over 1.0 metre within a broader interval of 0.64 g/t AuEQ over 39.0 metres from 123.0 metres down hole.
- 13.97 g/t AuEQ over 0.8 metres within a broader interval of 1.07 g/t AuEQ over 32.2 metres which is within a wider interval of 0.85 g/t AuEQ over 62.0 metres from deeper in the hole.
- BK21-032: Multiple broad zones of > 1.0 g/t gold mineralization:
- 2.99 g/t AuEQ over 12.3 metres within a broader interval of 1.19 g/t AuEQ over 54.0 metres from 89.0 metres down hole.
- 1.46 g/t AuEQ over 31.0 metres within a broader interval of 0.95 g/t AuEQ over 59.1 metres from 192.0 metres down hole.
Note: Intervals are downhole core lengths. True widths are unknown. AuEQ based on a 65:1 silver to gold ratio.
Sun Summit has drilled 18 holes in 2021. Results from the first five holes were released on May 11, 2021. Results from six additional holes are reported in this news release (see "Assay results -- Trench zone" and "Assay results -- Horseshoe zone" tables). Results from seven holes from the Horseshoe and Trench zones and peripheral areas remain pending.
Bob Willis, Sun Summit's chief executive officer, commented: "The 2021 drill program continues to deliver significant results in the Trench zone area that is quickly becoming a robust high-grade gold target. Like previously reported results, high-grade gold mineralization was intersected in multiple intervals in multiple holes in the Trench zone and confirms the potential of this target for vein-hosted high-grade gold. What is equally important is the new discovery that bulk-tonnage-style disseminated gold mineralization is also present in the Trench zone.
"We are also very pleased with results from the only hole reported here from the Horseshoe zone. This hole cut multiple zones of over 1.0 g/t gold mineralization.
"It is gratifying to report large cumulative gold intercepts in all holes, which were broadly spaced and drilled at multiple different azimuths. Trench to Horseshoe continues to be completely open for further expansion in all directions. Results from remaining drill holes will be released shortly."
The five Trench zone holes (BK21-021, 023, 024, 025 and 026; see "Assay results -- Trench zone" table) were designed to investigate the extent of multiple zones of high-grade gold mineralization discovered in BK20-012 (see news release dated Jan. 5, 2021) and confirmed in BK20-020
BK21-024 and BK21-023 were drilled steeply to the south to test the extent of high-grade gold mineralization discovered in BK20-012.
BK21-024 intersected multiple intervals of high-grade gold mineralization throughout the entire hole (intervals are not true widths) including 19.71 g/t AuEq over 1.4 metres, 14.01 g/t AuEq over 1.4 metres, 42.05 g/t AuEq over 1.0 metre and 16.87 g/t AuEq over 1.0 metre. The deepest high-grade interval at 352.8 metres downhole is approximately 70 metres below the bottom of BK20-012 which hit 7.54 g/t AuEq over 1.0 metre within 1.05 g/t AuEq over 12.7 metres (see news release dated Jan. 5, 2021). These high-grade intercepts in BK21-024 are locally within wider intervals of bulk-tonnage-style mineralization such as 2.97 g/t AuEq over 17.0 metres near the top of the hole from 45.0 to 62.0 metres (see "Assay results -- Trench zone" table).
Similarly, BK21-023 intersected numerous broad intervals of bulk tonnage-style mineralization (such as 0.64 g/t AuEq over 59.0 metres, including 1.01 g/t AuEq over 19.2 metres) highlighted by 15.38 g/t AuEq over 1.0 metre within a broader interval of 2.29 g/t AuEq over 11.0 metres near the bottom of the hole. BK21-026 was drilled to the east and hit multiple intervals of gold mineralization throughout the entire hole highlighted by 1.18 g/t AuEq over 44.1 metres including 33.67 g/t AuEq over 1.0 metres from 170.0 to 214.1 metres down hole.
The presence of broad zones of bulk tonnage-style, disseminated gold mineralization with internal local high-grade vein-hosted mineralization was also intersected in BK21-025, collared 150 metres east of BK21-026 and drilled to the east. The hole cut mineralization throughout the entire hole starting with 0.64 g/t AuEq over 39.0 metres from 123.0 to 162.0 metres and 0.85 g/t AuEq over 62.0 metres from 374.0 to 436.0 metres down hole. Assays are pending from four remaining holes in the Trench zone.
BK21-032 was collared 100 metres northwest of BK21-017 and drilled to the east at a similar dip. The hole returned two significant intervals: an upper interval of 1.19 g/t AuEq over 54.0 metres from 89.0 to 143.0 metres hosted in sphalerite-rich sulphide-cemented breccias; and a lower interval of 0.95 g/t AuEq over 59.1 metres, including 31.0 metres of 1.46 g/t AuEq hosted in polymictic breccias with clots of sphalerite plus pyrite. The upper interval also contained 1.17 per cent zinc over the 54.0 metres. Hole BK21-032 builds on results from 2020 (such as BK20-006, 007, 009 and top of 012) and the recently reported BK21-017 and BK21-018 and expands the zone of sphalerite-rich sulphide-cemented breccias laterally at depth. Assays are pending from one remaining hole in the Horseshoe zone.