EXCELLON RESOURCES (NYSE/TSX: EXN) HITS 1,422 G/T SILVER EQUIVALENT OVER 8.9 METRES AT THE PLATOSA SILVER MINE. BUILDING SHAREHOLDER VALUE THROUGH THE DRILL BIT.
The company has been aggressively drilling at its Platosa Mine, located in Durango, Mexico. These latest results are from the underground expansion and exploration drilling. Per the company’s press release dated Feb 25th, 20 21, highlights include:
- Further definition and expansion of the Rodilla, NE-1S and Pierna Mantos, with diamond drilling results from underground including:
- 1,422 grams per tonne silver equivalent (AgEq) over 8.9 metres (1,023 g/t Ag, 9.3 per cent Pb, 4.5 per cent Zn and 0.1 g/t Au) in EX20UG491, including 4,623 g/t AgEq over 2.2 metres (3,499 g/t Ag, 29.7 per cent Pb, 10.3 per cent Zn and 0.1 g/t Au);
- 1,092 g/t AgEq over 2.4 metres (673 g/t Ag, 6.7 per cent Pb and 7.1 per cent Zn) in EX20UG493;
- 1,539 g/t AgEq over 1.6 metres (1,258 g/t Ag, 7.5 per cent Pb, 2.4 per cent Zn and 0.1 g/t Au) in EX20UG506;
- 984 g/t AgEq over 4.0 metres (721 g/t Ag, 4.1 per cent Pb and 4.5 per cent Zn) in EX21UG515.
- Drilling under way to define and discover new mineralization in an area of the Platosa deposit that was never effectively drilled from surface -- the Gap zone -- with 300 metres of potential mineralized strike to be explored.
"Initial drilling from the top of the Gap zone has returned compelling high-grade results," stated Ben Pullinger, Senior Vice-President of Geology and Corporate Development. "This subvertical structure connects the 623 and NE-1S mantos and represents a significant opportunity to define additional mineralization at Platosa. We also continue to define and add further tonnage around known manto mineralization."
Excellon Resources (NYSE/TSX: EXN) will continue to explore the underground potential at Platosa, and hopes to add additional ounces to the current resource.
As of today, Excellon Resources (TSX/NYSE: EXN) has 32.34M shares outstanding, and is currently trading at $4.01 giving it a market cap of $130M.
*DISCLAIMER: EXCELLON RESOURCES IS A MARKETING CLIENT