Excellon Resources (NYSE/TSX: EXN) has been busy further expanding the underground potential at Platosa.
- Further definition and expansion of the Guadalupe North, 623, NE-1 and NE-1S mantos ,with results from underground drilling including:
- 1,293 grams per tonne silver equivalent (AgEq) over 6.5 metres (618 g/t silver, 10.1 per cent lead and 12.0 per cent zinc) in EX21UG565;
- 1,571 g/t AgEq over 4.6 metres (688 g/t Ag, 14.5 per cent Pb and 14.9 per cent Zn) in EX21UG564;
- 1,031 g/t AgEq over 4.6 metres (359 g/t Ag, 4.9per cent Pb and 15.9 per cent Zn) in EX20UG522A, including 1,531 g/t AgEq over 1.3 metres (573 g/t Ag, 8.6 per cent Pb and 21.5 per cent Zn
- Drilling continues to outline and expand mineralization within and around the Platosa deposit with new opportunities identified in the historically mined Guadalupe North manto.
"Underground drilling at Platosa continues to delineate high-grade silver," stated Ben Pullinger, senior vice-president, geology and corporate development. "We are currently advancing develop mentto support further drilling of the Gap zone. As that development progresses, we are identifying areas of historical production where we see potential additional high-grade mineralization, such as Guadalupe North."
Drilling from underground continues to define and expand known mineralization ahead of production at Guadalupe North, 623, NE-1 and NE-1Smantos. Most significantly, the Gap zone, a zone of vertical mineralization inadequately tested with vertical holes drilled from surface, provides an opportunity to add mineralization along a target approximately 300 metres along strike with a vertical extent of 30 to 40 metres. This target is a priority for the 2021 program and remains open to the south of the deposit, where drilling from surface at the 10-20 target has intersected mineralization beyond the current extent of the Platosa mineral footprint. Development is under way to support underground drill stations for the next phase of drilling on the Gapzone.
Excellon Resources (NYSE/TSX: EXN) has32.34M shares outstanding, and is currently trading at $3.68, giving it a market cap of $120M.
FULL DISCLOSURE: Excellon Resources Inc. is a client and has approved this write up. This commentary is not intended to be a solicitation for investors to purchase this stock. Investors are always advised to consult an investment advisor before making investment decisions. Please see full disclaimer at the bottom of this website.