Excellon Resources Inc. (TSX:EXN, EXN.WT; NYSE:EXN; FRA:E4X2) is pleased to announce results from underground drilling at the Platosa Mine in Durango, Mexico.
- Further definition and expansion of the 623, NE-1 and NE-1S Mantos, with diamond drilling results from underground including:
- 1,828 g/t silver equivalent (“AgEq”) over 5.2 metres (1,051 g/t Ag, 12.1% Pb, 13.1% Zn and 0.2 g/t Au) in EX21UG600;
- 2,368 g/t AgEq over 1.6 metres (1,647 g/t Ag, 12.3% Pb, 11.6% Zn and 0.1 g/t Au) in EX21UG597; and
- 1,481 g/t AgEq over 2.5 metres (784 g/t Ag, 7.7% Pb, 13.9% Zn and 0.3 g/t Au) in EX21UG601
- Drilling from underground continues to define and delineate mineralization in areas ahead of production and outside of the current mine plan
“Drilling at Platosa continues to define high grade mineralization ahead of production,” stated Ben Pullinger, Senior Vice President Geology & Corporate Development. “Additionally drilling into areas previously defined by historical surface holes is upgrading our confidence in the grade and tenor of mineralization and expanding the mineralized envelope around 623 and NE-1”
The following table shows highlighted intervals from the ongoing underground definition and infill drilling program at Platosa:
Drilling from underground continues to define and expand known mineralization ahead of production at the 623, NE-1 and NE-1S Mantos. Most significantly, drilling into the 623 and NE-1 Mantos continues to improve understanding and confidence, and extend mineralization in these areas. Drilling at Platosa will continue to target areas ahead of production and test the extent of mineralization around mine workings.
Platosa drill core samples are prepared and assayed by SGS Minerals Services in Durango, Mexico. The lab is accredited to ISO/IEC 17025. Assay turnarounds have been impacted recently by supply and labour shortages related to COVID-19. The Company has a comprehensive QA/QC program, supervised by an independent Qualified Person.