Aya Gold & Silver Inc. (TSX: AYA; OTCQX: AYASF) is pleased to announce high-grade silver results from its drill exploration program at the Zgounder Silver Mine in the Kingdom of Morocco including 4,101 grams per tonne silver over 14.4 meters, which represents its highest-grade silver intercept to date.
Key Highlights (all intersections are in core lengths)
- Delineation of a new zone close to current mine galleries at the 2,030 meters (“m”) level with TD28-22-2030-042, which intercepted 4,101 grams per tonne (“g/t”) silver (“Ag”) over 14.4m including
- 15,479 g/t Ag over 1.2m
- 14,720 g/t Ag over 1.2m
- 8,320 g/t Ag over 1.2m
- 4,000 g/t Ag over 1.2m
- 2,956 g/t Ag over 1.2m
- 2,640 g/t Ag over 1.2m
- TD28-22-2030-041, which intercepted 1,266 g/t Ag over 13.2m including
- 5,920 g/t Ag over 1.2m
- 5,120 g/t Ag over 1.2m
- Increase of near-surface grade in area between two galleries with TD28-22-2125-007, which intercepted 540 g/t Ag over 25.2m including
- 1,824 g/t Ag over 1.2m
- 1,260 g/t Ag over 1.2m
- Continued definition at the 1,975m level with DZG-SF-22-58, which intercepted 1,792 g/t Ag over 4.5m including
- 3,360 g/t Ag over 1.5m
- 1,432 g/t Ag over 1.5m
- DZG-SF-22-61 at the 1,975m level also intercepted 1,239 g/t Ag over 4.5m including
- 2,320 g/t Ag over 1.5m
- 1,088 g/t Ag over 1.5m
“While we continue to expect positive drill exploration results at Zgounder, hole TD28-22-2030-042 has exceeded expectations. This remarkable near-surface intercept, which was drilled at a 60-degree overlap to DZF-SF-21-02bis, is the thickest high-grade silver intercept publicly recorded on the property and significantly extends the work area by delineating a new area between two mineralized zones. In addition to delivering spectacular grades and widths in the immediate production area, today’s results add ounces and further de-risk the mining sequence to support Zgounder’s 2,700 tonne-per-day expansion,” said Benoit La Salle, President & CEO.
Included in this release are results for 34 holes , which include 1 surface diamond drill hole (“DDH”), 13 underground DDH and 20 T28 percussion holes. For a full summary of today’s results, refer to Appendixes 1 and 2.
Table 1 - Significant Intercepts from Drilling at Zgounder (core lengths)