Aya Gold & Silver Inc. (TSX: AYA) is pleased to report high-grade silver results from the 2021 drill exploration program at the Zgounder Silver Mine in the Kingdom of Morocco.
Key Highlights (all intersections are in core lengths)
Extension of the mineralisation between the 2,125 and 2,130 levels with T28-21-2125-405 and T28-21-2125-411:
- At the 2,130m level, T28-21-2125-411 intercepted 1,225 g/t Ag over 4.8m including
- 3,280 g/t Ag over 1.2m
- At the 2,125 meters (“m”) level, T28-21-2125-405 intercepted 4,579 grams per tonne (“g/t”) silver (“Ag”) over 3.6m including
- 12,532 g/t Ag over 1.2m
- Near-surface continuity below current mine galleries with T28-21-1988-275, which intercepted 1,564 g/t Ag over 3.6m including
- 4,040 g/t Ag over 1.2m
- Expansion of eastern strike with ZG-21-60, which intercepted 3,551 g/t Ag over 1.5m including
- 1,214 g/t Ag over 4.0m
- Five holes were drilled at depth to the granite contact. All five holes were mineralized, with ZG-21-62 intersecting 663 g/t Ag over 8.5m including
- 3,060 g/t Ag over 1.0m
- 1,274 g/t Ag over 1.0m
- This is in addition to 1,670 g/t Ag over 3.0m including 9,005 g/t Ag over 0.5m and 1,041 g/t Ag over 2.0m including 3,186 g/t Ag over 0.5m
- Validation of the vertical continuity by ZG-SF-21-97 which generated 2,405 g/t Ag over 2m including
- 279 g/t Ag over 6.5m
“Today’s drill results from the 2021 diamond drill program further extend near-mine mineralisation on strike and down dip, in addition to confirming robust grades and thicknesses within the existing mineral resources. Notably, all of the drill holes completed to the granite contact hit significant high-grade intercepts, which will grow our resource further. The upcoming maiden reserve estimate, combined with the launch of the 2022 drill exploration program, are significant milestones towards our Zgounder Mine expansion,” said Benoit La Salle, President & CEO.
Included in this release are results for 56 diamond drill holes (“DDH”), which include 11 DDH from surface and 45 underground holes including 24 electric percussion holes. For a full summary of today’s results from the 2021 drill program, refer to Appendix 1 for surface results and Appendix 2 for underground results.